Thursday, September 16, 2010

Top Chef

Top Chef DC finished up last night.  I'm not going to tell you who won, but I will tell you who didn't win.  A chef named Kelly Liken was voted off in round thirteen.  What I'm about to tell you say some unpleasant things about my character, but I'll tell you anyway.

From the beginning, I didn't want Kelly to win.  In fact I wanted her to be voted off on the first episode.  Why, you may ask, did I so dislike this woman?  You see...Kelly and I have a history.

Okay...that's not entirely true, but I did know Kelly when we were kids.  We went to camp together over 20 years ago, and I didn't like her.  I honestly can't remember WHY I didn't like her.  I hadn't thought of her for years before a friend of mine mentioned that someone from Pittsburgh was going to be on Top Chef.  When I saw who it was all the 20 year old animosity bubbled to the surface.  I wanted her to fail and fail big.

I said to myself "Pah!!!  I won't even give her the satisfaction of watching the show."  Because I'm sure that she was thinking about whether or not I, someone she hadn't seen or thought about for 20 years,  was watching.  But I still watched.  Fact is.....Kelly is a really good chef.  She came up with amazing dishes....things that I couldn't have put together with twice the time and a full team of sous chefs. All of the chefs were amazing...I can't imagine where they get the inspiration to come up with such fascinating pairings. 

After a while I began to think that she might win....but I was okay with it.  So, Kelly, I'm sorry that you didn't win Top Chef DC.  I though that you were amazing!  And whatever it was that you did to tick me off in 1988, I forgive you.

No comments:

Post a Comment